As an association IASTA provides a means for the exchange of scientific knowledge and resources for the advancement of aerosol science. Its main objectives are:
• To promote, encourage and develop the growth of aerosol science and technology disciplines and their applications in the country.
• To disseminate information concerning the developments in the field through publications such as bulletins, reports, newsletters and journals.
• To organize workshops, symposia, seminars, courses etc. in various parts of the country, so as to offer a platform for reporting and discussing new developments.
• To organize regional chapters of the Association in different parts of the country as and when need arises.
• To promote international co-operation through affiliation with similar bodies abroad, exchange information, joint symposia and meetings etc., in the field of aerosol science and technology.